SureFire FA556 5.56mm Flash Hider Adapter
The FH556-411A is a high-performance military proven flash hider for the Colt Commando, M4, M16, HK416, and to other 5.56 mm (.223 cal.) semi-auto, bolt-action, or assault rifles with Mil-Spec 1/2-28 muzzle threads. It also serves as a precision, rock-solid adapter mount that enables rapid no-tools attachment of SureFire FA556K, FA556-212, FA556MG, or MINI, suppressors to these rifles or to other rifles with the same muzzle thread/configuration.
The end of this adapter has closed prongs.
SureFire flash hiders deliver superior muzzle flash suppression (see demonstration photos at left). This provides three benefits—minimizing degradation of your night-adapted vision, helping to conceal your position, and reducing muzzle rise. Machined from heat-treated stainless steel, finished in a tough, corrosion-resistant coating, all SureFire flash hiders are extremely resistant to gas and particle erosion and will perform perfectly for thousands of rounds.
NOTE: SureFire muzzle brakes and flash hiders also serve as adapter mounts for our Fast-Attach® sound suppressors. If you do not plan to attach a SureFire sound suppressor to your firearm, we recommend choosing a shorter-length muzzle brake or flash hider. SureFire muzzle brakes and flash hiders that mate with our overlap suppressor models are longer in order to extend rearward over the barrel, a feature that is unnecessary unless mounting an overlap suppressor.
- Caliber: 5.56 mm (.223 caliber)
- Length: 2.67 inches
- Thread Pattern: 1/2 – 28
- Provides rock-solid suppressor attachment in seconds without tools
- Precise tolerances provide minimal and consistent zero shift regardless of number of attach/detach cycles
- Acts as high-efficiency flash hider when suppressor is removed
- Extreme resistance to heat and gas/particle erosion
- Installation requires no permanent modifications to most weapons